The Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival call for hosts and posts

Carnival_51A carnival is a blogging event and "The Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival" takes place every two weeks and features recent posts from the cream of the mommy blogger community.

This is how it works: every two weeks a different mommy blogger “hosts” the carnival. The blogger community submits their best post from the past month — this could be your most popular post, something that has done well on StumbleUpon or Digg, or one of which you are particularly proud.

The rules are one post per blogger and it must be something written in the past four weeks.

The host blogger then compiles the carnival. Check out the ones below for examples.

All of the submitters help publicize in some way — Twitter, Facebook, a blog post, a link…

This is a great way to create traffic and link love to all sites involved.

I will organise and keep the schedule on A Modern Mother (below).

I am looking for hosts — please email me at amodernmother (at) gmail (dot) com if you would like to host a carnival.

Carnival of Mommy Bloggers schedule:

The December 1 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

The February 23 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

March 9 will be held at Moving On From The Drama. Please email entries to: amyeaton (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.

March 23 will be held at

April 6 will be held at

April 20 will be held at

And if you're bored, here are some past carnivals:

The November 4 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

The May 5 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

The May 19 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

The June 2 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

The June 30 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

The July 14 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

The July 28 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

The August 11 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival.

The August 25 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

The September 22 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

The October 6 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

The November 3 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

The November 17 Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival

March 2

Photo credit: gbastini

17 Responses to The Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival call for hosts and posts

1. Amy 30/01/2010 at 23:19 #

Was wondering about the January 26th carnival – when I click on the blog url it says it is not found?

2. Batistini 28/01/2010 at 18:24 #

Bonjour
    I am the photographer of this picture from thr carnival of Venezia.
    The minimum is that
    1 You ask the authorisation to use it.
    2 The give the copyright to the photographer.
    Merci
    Gaston Batistini

3. Oxycodone. 02/09/2009 at 04:59 #

Oxycodone extraction.

When someone does up nose oxycodone. Oxycodone.

4. clareybabble 28/05/2009 at 07:44 #

Sent an email about hosting a couple of days ago x

5. Cindy 18/05/2009 at 00:24 #

Hi,
    I’d love to take part in the blog carnival. Cindy at themommaven dot com.

6. Shreejana Hickman 05/05/2009 at 15:18 #

I just sent you an email too. I’d love to host one:)

7. Julie@Cool Mom Guide 09/12/2008 at 00:44 #

Scratch what I said about me putting it at blog carnival. I entered it and a ton of people signed up for it so I ended up having to put one on my site to be fair to them. I’m just now starting to understand how that site works!

8. LaSara 06/12/2008 at 17:16 #

Of course, that url is wrong. It’s http://www.yogamamasatsangha.blogspot.com!

9. LaSara 06/12/2008 at 17:14 #

Hey there, just letting you know that the call for entries is up at Yoga Mama Satsangha!: http://www.yogamamasatsangha.blogger.com.
    peace,
    -LaSara

10. Julie@Cool Mom Guide 23/11/2008 at 18:18 #

I submitted it to blog carnival when we did it and when we have our carnival, I submit all of our materials, so it’s hosted at both places :)

11. carole harris 03/11/2008 at 20:06 #

I want in! my best post ever would have to be todays! http://mybizzyworld.blogpost.com I hope I make it, can I do june maybe??? LOL
    carole harris

12. Jennifer 18/10/2008 at 05:56 #

I sent an email! I would love to take part:)

13. LaSara 16/10/2008 at 03:48 #

Thanks for putting this together! I dropped you a note, and I would love to be involved.
    peace,
    -LaSara

14. AmyV 15/10/2008 at 20:24 #

An easier way to organize a blog carnival is through BlogCarnival.com – I’m not affiliated with the site, but I’ve both participated in and created blog carnivals through the site and it keeps everything in the same format and organized really well. Instead of having folks e-mail their entries to each host, you might want to set it up through there.

15. Treemama 15/10/2008 at 18:55 #

Count me in. Just give me a date. And probably a reminder..tee hee.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The August Best of Mommy Bloggers Carnival | It's my life... - 01/04/2014

[…] I am honored to be hosting this month’s Best of the Mommy Bloggers Carnival! […]

2. The August Best of Mommy Bloggers Carnival » It's my life... - 18/03/2014